In industry applications where electric motor reliability is key, speed reduction units have replaced V-belt and chain drives.
For many applications, engineered motor/gear reducer combinations offer the ideal power solution. Sumitomo’s Cyclo Bevel Buddybox 4 series (Cyclo BBB4) demonstrates the advantages inherent in an optimized system. The unit consists of a gear reducer and single-stage right-angle spiral beveled gearbox and is available in six sizes up to a motor size of 100 hp.
- High torque density and compact size
- “Gearless” speed reduction parts that roll—a planetary design that delivers long life and high load capacity
- Two-thirds of reduction components that are always in contact, improving ruggedness and shock resistance
- Patented Taper-Grip bushing system for easy mounting and removal
- Multiple output configurations, including a solid shaft, shrink disc, or keyed hollow bore
- Available gear ratios go from 11:1 to 26,000:1. Standard gearmotors available in 1/8 to 75 hp (55 KW) sizes.
- Ductile iron housing for greater protection and longer life.
Sumitomo 4-pole premium efficiency motors, integral to the units, work with 230, 460 or 575 V lines at 60 HZ (50 HZ optional). Oil or grease fill lubrication is available.
Sumitomo’s Cyclo series is quickly becoming the industry standard for applications that place a premium on high performance in both conventional and hostile environments. Delivering dependability and long life, they are used in industries including aerospace, automotive, food processing, energy, medical, utilities, mining, and others, and have proven especially useful in automated processes.
For more information or to discuss your individual application, contact us at AutomatedPT.